On Jan 22, 2014, at 10:05 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:33:21 +0100
> Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> About two months ago (maybe three) I proposed to deprecated implicit SSL
>> context, unverified certs and unverified hostnames all together. But I
>> was voted down. Donald made a similar attempt half an year ago, too.
>
> So why are you trying a third time? Do you have any new arguments
> compared to last time?

See my other email, Last time I tried I was told the reason was there wasn’t a
reliable enough default certificate store that worked on platforms such as
Windows and Python was unwilling to ship it’s own certificate bundle.

Christian has improved this situation so that it appears that this issue has
been largely resolved.