On 19 Feb 2014 14:05, "Larry Hastings" <la...@hastings.org> wrote:

> The URL has changed slightly.  Please go here:
>>
>> http://midwinter.com/~larry/3.4.status/
>
> You'll notice two things:
> a "merge.status.html" file, which shows you the list of revisions that
I've cherry-picked after rc1.
> a tarball containing the resulting source tree.
> As I cherry-pick more revisions, I'll add new tarballs and update the
merge status.

> For the record, I've passed over only two requested cherry-pick revisions
so far:

>> http://bugs.python.org/issue20646
>> select and kqueue round the timeout aways from zero
>>
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue20679
>> improve Enum subclass behavior
>
> I haven't rejected them, I just want more review.  If you'd like to see
these changes get cherry-picked for 3.4.0 rc2 (and final) please review
them or convince someone else to contribute a review.

> Only thirty cherry-picked revisions so far.  Gosh, you're making my life
easy, guys,

Larry, you announced your preferred release candidate management process
too late to rely on it entirely - you should still audit all the deferred
blockers and release blockers flagged for 3.4, and ask for an update on
their status, with a pointer to the archived python-dev post describing how
to request that the change be included in 3.4.0 rather than being left to
3.4.1. I know at least I have been setting those on the assumption things
would work the same as they have in previous releases, since you hadn't
said anything prior to rc1 about doing things differently.

Regards,
Nick.