On 23 Mar 2014 20:33, "Victor Stinner" <victor.stin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it's maybe not fair to take the worst example (OpenStack) :-)

I suspect the Fedora/RHEL/CentOS ecosystem is going to make OpenStack look
like a relatively simple port, and backwards compatibility constraints mean
that already defined RHEL/CentOS releases simply won't be forward ported at
all.

I confess I hadn't fully connected the relevant dots until after writing
the PEP this weekend, so I think I'm going to be having some interesting
conversations with colleagues about that over the next couple of weeks and
at PyCon :)

Cheers,
Nick.