On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Jianfeng Mao <j...@rocketsoftware.com>wrote:

>  I noticed the following changes in the C API manuals from 3.3.5 (and
> earlier versions) to 3.4. I don’t know if these changes are deliberate and
> imply that we C extension developers no longer need to care about
> ‘reference ownership’ because of some improvements in 3.4. Could anyone
> clarify it?

AFAIK there's been no deliberate change to the notion of reference
ownership.  Moreover, any such change would break existing C extensions, so
it's highly unlikely that anything's changed here, behaviour-wise.

This looks like a doc build issue: when I build the documentation locally
for the default branch, I still see the expected "Return value: New
reference." lines.  Maybe something went wrong with refcounts.dat or the
Sphinx refcounting extension when building the 3.4 documentation?  Larry:
any ideas?

Mark