On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:24:16 +0300, Claudiu Popa <pcmantic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Will raise NotImplementedError if multiprocessing can't be used
> (when `workers` equals to 0 or > 1)

I think the most common use case for this ability will be "run with
the appropriate number of processes for the system I'm on", where
'the appropriate number' is 1 (the main process) if multiprocessing
is not available.  Otherwise the tool calling compileall would have to
figure out how to "catch the error" (how do you do that when invoking
a CLI?) and re-run the script using '1` itself.

How you spell this I don't really care, but I think the above is the
most common use case.

--David