On May 14, 2014, at 02:20 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

>Do we want an official policy written down in a PEP (yes, I can write it)?
>Should I keep closing these patches and saying that we are not adding
>support for new operating systems and be hand-wavy about it?

Yes, I think a PEP describing both policy and implementation (i.e. which
platforms we officially support) is worthwhile.  While I think you could write
a new PEP, I also think it might just make sense to co-opt PEP 11 and broaden
its scope, since as you say, removing support is only half the story.

Cheers,
-Barry