On Jul 8, 2014, at 12:58 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 Jul 2014 10:47, "Guido van Rossum" <gu...@python.org> wrote:
> >
> > It would still be nice to know who "the appropriate persons" are. Too much
> > of our infrastructure seems to be maintained by house elves or the ITA.
>
> I volunteered to be the board's liaison to the infrastructure team, and
> getting more visibility around what the infrastructure *is* and how it's
> monitored and supported is going to be part of that. That will serve a couple
> of key purposes:
>
> - making the points of escalation clearer if anything breaks or needs
> improvement (although "infrastruct...@python.org" is a good default choice)
> - making the current "todo" list of the infrastructure team more visible
> (both to calibrate resolution time expectations and to provide potential
> contributors an idea of what's involved)
>
> Noah has already set up http://status.python.org/ to track service status, I
> can see about getting buildbot.python.org added to the list.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick.

We (the infrastructure team) were actually looking earlier about
buildbot.python.org and we’re not entirely sure who "owns" buildbot.python.org.
Unfortunately a lot of the *.python.org services are in a similar state where
there is no clear owner. Generally we've not wanted to just step in and take
over for fear of stepping on someones toes but it appears that perhaps
buildbot.p.o has no owner?