Le 22/07/2014 17:03, Alex Gaynor a écrit :

The question is:

a) Should we backport weak referencing _socket.sockets (changing the structure
    of the module seems overly invasive, albeit completely backwards
    compatible)?
b) Does anyone know why weak references are used in the first place? The commit
    message just alludes to fixing a leak with no reference to an issue.

Because :
- the SSLSocket has a strong reference to the ssl object (self._sslobj)
- self._sslobj having a strong reference to the SSLSocket would mean both would only get destroyed on a GC collection

I assume that's what "leak" means here :-)

As for 2.x, I don't see why you couldn't just continue using a strong reference.

Regards

Antoine.