> In any case I think PEP 475 should be explaining what is going to happen
> to signal.siginterrupt(). Will setting flag=True be supported?

I first proposed to deprecate the function, but Charles-François
thinks that it's unrelated to the PEP (it can be addressed later).

The function will still be available and work.

> If so, will doing so change the behaviour of those parts of the stdlib which
> have already been modified to retry after EINTR?

I think that the stdlib should not handle InterruptedError exception
anymore in the Python code, to simplify the code.

> (I think it would be helpful if we could tell people "if you want the
> old EINTR behaviour, just do this simple thing". And I suppose
> siginterrupt flag=True is a candidate for that.)

Why do you want the old behaviour?

Victor