On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <step...@xemacs.org> wrote:
> Nick Coghlan writes:
>
>  > Sorry, I haven't been a very good maintainer for that buildbot (the main
>  > reason it never graduated to the "stable" list). If you send me your public
>  > SSH key, I can add it (I think - if not, I can ask Luke to do it).
>  > Alternatively, CentOS 6 may exhibit the same problem.
>
> I wonder how many of these buildbots could be maintained by the kind
> of folks who show up on core-mentorship asking "how can I help?"
>
> Just a thought -- I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction is universal
> horror and the answer is "Are you crazy?  Zero!  Z-E-R-O!!"
>
> And of course most want to write code, not sysadm.

Maintaining a buildbot isn't hard. (Although one thing I'm not sure
of: If my bot goes down for an extended period of time, is any sort of
automated email sent to me? I don't often check their status.) But it
does mean a measure of trust in some external entity, or else some
very careful rules (mainly firewall), which not every coder will know
about.

ChrisA