On 10/20/2014 7:29 PM, MRAB wrote:
On 2014-10-21 00:09, Eli Bendersky wrote:

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu
<mailto:tjre...@udel.edu>> wrote:

    If I go to https://docs.python.org/3/using/index.html and click on
    any of the TOC entries, I get 'connecting' indefinitely.  This
    problem seems unique to this file. I tried several other index files
    and clicking am entry brings up the corresponding page almost
    immediately.

Works fine for me, Terry, in both Chrome and Firefox. Could be something
in your browser/caching? Try "private mode" or whatever that's called in
your browser of choice.

Just tried the first link:

https://docs.python.org/3/using/cmdline.html

I also get 'Connecting' indefinitely.

So I tested the link here:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It said: "It's not just you! http://https looks down from here."

I am using Firefox, but the difference is that by happenstance, I was in privacy mode (perhaps for the first time with python.org -- I want the docs in the cache and history list -- because I accessed the docs to answer a StackOverflow question.) It is not just that document but also Execution model and Expression in Reference. (I tried each 3 times minutes apart.) I have not had a similiar problem with any Arstechnica or StackOverflow pages, or similar sites.

So the solution for me is to use normal mode, but something seems not quite right in the interaction between privacy mode Firefox and python.org.

No problem I could find with Internet Explorer's 'In Privacy' mode.

--
Terry Jan Reedy