On 10/27/2014 12:23 PM, Stefan Richthofer wrote:

You mean Jython deletes instance attributes before calling __del__ ?

No. I think the term of "object resurrection" usually does not mean
bringing
back a deleted object in the sense that memory was already freed.
I think it rather means that nothing referred to an object, so it was on
the
"kill-list" of gc or zero-ref-count macro.

In either case, there is a final reference keeping the object alive, like an hospital patient kept alive by a final link with a life-support machine. I think 'resuscitation' might be a better metaphor.

--
Terry Jan Reedy