On 10/30/2014 8:59 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:33:06 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:

The devguide needs to be kept up to date.  If you open a tracker issue,
put me as nosy to review and commit.

The devguide is about building python itself.  Paul is talking about
building extensions.  That should go in the packaging docs.  I don't
*think* Paul is volunteering to explain how to build python itself,
that's pretty much our job :)

I was thinking that building Python and extensions used the same tools, but then I read that the new compiler for 2.7 was extensions only and ditto for something else. If VC Express 2010 is in a new location, that *should* be recorded in the devguide.

--
Terry Jan Reedy