Skip Montanaro wrote:
According to Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coroutine>, term "coroutine" was first coined in 1958, so several generations of computer science graduates will be familiar with the textbook definition. If your use of "coroutine" matches the textbook definition of the term, I think you should continue to use it instead of inventing new names which will just confuse people new to Python.

I don't think anything in asyncio or PEP 492 fits that
definition directly. Generators and async def functions
seem to be what that page calls a "generator" or "semicoroutine":

   they differ in that coroutines can control where execution
   continues after they yield, while generators cannot, instead
   transferring control back to the generator's caller.

--
Greg