There's an issue about this at
http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue562

I believe the problem is not that of the SPF, but the fact that mail gets
sent using IPv6 from an address that has neither a name mapping to it nor a
reverse pointer from IP address to name in DNS. See the second-first
comment where R. David Murray states that "Mail is consistently sent from
rep...@bugs.python.org, always from the same IP address, 46.4.197.70.
 46.4.197.70 resolves to bugs.python.org.", which clearly is false.

On 13 May 2015 at 08:20, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM, David Wilson <dw+python-...@hmmz.org>
> wrote:
> > SPF only covers the envelope sender, so it should be possible to set
> > that to something that validates with SPF, keep the RFC822 From: header
> > as it is, and maybe(?) include a separate Sender: header matching the
> > envelope address.
>
> As Cameron says, Sender: isn't necessary - just have the envelope
> address be bounces@ or something and it should be fine. This is how
> SPF and (eg) mailing lists interact.
>
> ChrisA

Antti Haapala