On 6 July 2015 at 12:42, David Mertz <me...@gnosis.cx> wrote:
> I think I might be able to "volunteer" for the task of writing/editing the
> "What's New in 3.5" docs.  I saw David's comment on it today, so obviously
> haven't yet had a chance to run it by my employer (Continuum Analytics), but
> I have a hunch they would allow me to do it at least in large part as paid
> time.  I am experienced as a technical writer, follow python-dev, write
> about new features, but am *not*, however, my self an existing core
> developer.

I think the last point may be a positive rather than a negative when
it comes to effectively describing new features :)

> If there is interest in this, or at least it seems plausible, I can run it
> by my employer tomorrow to see about getting enough time allocated (using
> David Murray's past experience as a guideline for what's likely to be
> needed).

That would be very helpful! I'd definitely be able to find the time to
review and merge updates, it's the research-and-writing side that
poses a problem for me (appreciating a task is worth doing isn't the
same thing as wanting to do it myself!).

Cheers,
Nick.