> On Jul 7, 2015, at 12:42 AM, Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What if so->table was reallocated during the iteration, but so->used is left
> the same? This change looks unsafe to me.

FWIW, the mutation detection code in the iterator logic has always been
vulnerable to being fooled the way you describe. The difference this time is
that it results in a crash rather than a wrong answer.  I've rolled back the
commit so we are back to where we've always been.

Raymond

P.S.  I don't think python-dev post was necessary or helpful (and I still
haven't had a chance to read the whole thread).  It would have been sufficient
to assign the tracker entry back to me.