On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:59:50AM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> Remember folks, "Why wasn't I consulted?!?!?!?" is one of the more
> obnoxious behavours we can inflict on fellow open source maintainers
> giving us the gift of their time and energy.

Nick makes a good point, but it's more complicated than that.

OpenSource is not just a family of licences. It is also a social
movement, a culture, even a brand. We spend a lot of effort trying to
get people to care, not just intellectually but also emotionally, and
then when they react emotionally we're dismissive and tell them they're
being obnoxious. Maybe they are, but if so, that's the price you pay for
having people care.

--
Steve