On 07/19/2015 11:11 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:

Given that the issue is one of only partial reversion, and that a new patch
would
therefore be needed, I also think that some fuss would have been avoided if one
of
the initial objectors had done what you did, or volunteered to write a new
patch,
 or had at least acknowledged that someone other than Michael could and should
write
 the proposed new patch.

I was waiting for somebody to say "Patches welcome" -- so far every patch I have submitted (or reviewed and enhanced) for other parts of Python have been rejected (and I fully expect this one to be as well :( -- I'm just waiting for Raymond to chime in and give it the coup de grĂ¢ce).

--
~Ethan~