On 7/27/2015 1:42 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:
On 07/27/2015 07:46 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
Well, OK, let's propose these wordings: It looks like a date
operation, ie, add one to the date, but in reality it's a time
operation, ie add 86400 seconds to the time. These things sound
similar but are very different.
I have to disagree.  If I have my alarm at 7am (localtime ;) so I can be at
work at 8am I don't care exactly how many seconds have passed, that alarm
better go off at 7am local time.
Right. And then adding 86400 seconds to it is not the right thing to do.

It is the right thing to do... but one also adds/subtracts 3600 seconds from it before going to bed 2 days a year, due to government interference, unless it is an atomic clock or cell-phone, which do those updates automatically.