PEP 498 is only the latest PEP where part of the concern is fear that
it may encourage certain types of bad code.

Would it be reasonable to ask PEPs to start including a section on any
recommended changes to PEP8?  (e.g., "If an embedded expression
doesn't fit on a single line, factor it out to a named variable.")

I realize that there will be times when best practices (or common
mistakes) aren't obvious in advance, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with
"PEP 8 will probably grow advice"... if we expect to need such advice,
then we should probably include it from the start.  (PEP 8 is, after
all, only advice.)

-jJ