On 9/28/2015 2:56 AM, Martin Panter wrote:

Also @Terry, not sure on your workflow,

Normal one specified in devguide: commit 3.4, merge 3.5, merge 3.6,
except I do it with TortoiseHG Workbench GUI.

>  but you might have been able
to avoid pushing your 3.4 commits. You might have been able to remove
it locally by using “hg strip”

I need to look into that.

or deleting your local repository.

I have 1 clone for default/3.6 and 3 shares with working directory only for 3.5, 3.4, and 2.7. I believe that deleting 3.4 working directory would have no effect as it would be regenerated from default clone.

Or just leave it locally until the other branches got sorted out.

Then I risked having to do a head merge in 2.7 or head merge + forward merges in 3.4,5,6 is someone else pushed before I got back to this, which I know was going to be several hours, after returning from rushing off to work on another project.

Notice that the 3.4 branch still has your backout commit at the top.

Your merges merged my commit and revert forward. I could have left just the commit, but they whoever would have had to decide what to do with it. I though it easier for me to just start over, which I will try now.

--
Terry Jan Reedy