From: gu...@python.org
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:33:46 -0800
To: ros...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Change the repr for datetime.timedelta (was Re:
Asynchronous context manager in a typical network server)
CC: python-dev@python.org

> I'm just curious on the backward compatibility impact.

I'm just curious on the number of programs depending on the repr() of any
object at all in production (not counting tests). I could be wrong, but it
seems foolish to rely on that, especially since this is something that we *can*
change on an (almost) arbitrary basis. IMO, the repr() is meant to aid the
programmer - not specifying keyword arguments here does quite the opposite of
that :)

> --
> --Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
-Emanuel