On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Martin Panter <vadmium...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other things that come to mind are to see if there is anything odd
> about the buildbot’s Linux kernel and glibc versions. Maybe run the
> Python script under “strace” to see if anything strange is going on.

I did that, and a few other things. Most notably, commenting out the
partial-read resulted in a flawless run, and strace showed it stalling
in the partial read too.

However, as I was doing so (and I just discarded a draft message where
I'd been typing up notes), my entire system went kerblooie, and I've
spent the last day rebuilding stuff from scratch. When I get around to
it, I'll rebuild the buildbot VM - and it'll be Debian Jessie (current
stable), because there's no particular reason to use Wheezy
(oldstable). So the problem will almost certainly disappear.

ChrisA