On 2016-02-02 12:41 PM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
On 01.02.16 21:10, Yury Selivanov wrote:
To measure the max/average memory impact, I tuned my code to optimize
*every* code object on *first* run.  Then I ran the entire Python test
suite.  Python test suite + standard library both contain around 72395
code objects, which required 20Mb of memory for caches.  The test
process consumed around 400Mb of memory.  Thus, the absolute worst case
scenario, the overhead is about 5%.

Test process consumes such much memory because few tests creates huge objects. If exclude these tests (note that tests that requires more than 1Gb are already excluded by default) and tests that creates a number of threads (threads consume much memory too), the rest of tests needs less than 100Mb of memory. Absolute required minimum is about 25Mb. Thus, the absolute worst case scenario, the overhead is about 100%.
Can you give me the exact configuration of tests (command line to run) that would only consume 25mb?

Yury