On 04/06/2016 10:26 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:

 2. Method or attribute? (changes what kind of one-liner you might use
    in libraries, but I think historically all protocols have been
    methods and the serialized string representation might be costly to
    build)

Having thought about this some more, it seems we have enough __dunder__ attributes that are plain strings that having this one also be a plain string should not be a problem:

- __name__
- __module__
- __file__

Since Paths are immutable the __os_path__ attribute isn't going to change and doesn't need to be a method.

--
~Ethan~