On 06/09/2016 03:44 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 06/09/2016 03:22 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:
Okay, it's decided: os.urandom() must be changed for 3.5.2 to never
block on a getrandom() call.

One way to not block is to raise an exception. Since this is such a rare occurrence anyway I don't see this being a problem, plus it keeps everybody mostly happy: normal users won't see it hang, crypto-folk won't see vulnerable-from-this-cause-by-default machines, and those running Python early in the boot sequence will have something they can figure out, plus an existing knob to work around it [hashseed, I think?].

Nope, I want the old behavior back. os.urandom() should read /dev/random if getrandom() would block. As the British say, "it should do what it says on the tin".

//arry/