> Apologies in advance if this is answered in one of the links you posted, but
> out of curiosity was geometric mean considered?
>
> In the compiler world this is a very common way of aggregating performance
> results.

FYI I chose to store all timings in the JSON file. So later, you are
free to recompute the average differently, compute other statistics,
etc.

I saw that the CPython benchmark suite has an *option* to compute the
geometric mean. I don't understand well the difference with the
arithmeric mean.

Is the geometric mean recommended to aggregate results of different
(unrelated) benchmarks, or also even for multuple runs of a single
benchmark?

Victor