Steve Dower (steve.dower at python.org) on Thu Sep 1 18:28:53 EDT 2016 wrote

I'm about to be offline for a few days, so I wanted to get my current
> draft PEPs out for people can read and review.
>
> I don't believe there is a lot of change as a result of either PEP, but
> the impact of what change there is needs to be weighed against the benefits.
>
> If anything, I'm likely to have underplayed the impact of this change
> (though I've had a *lot* of support for this one). Just stating my
> biases up-front - take it as you wish.
>
> See https://bugs.python.org/issue1602 for the current proposed patch for
> this PEP. I will likely update it after my upcoming flights, but it's in
> pretty good shape right now.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Did you consider that the hard-wired readline hook
`_PyOS_WindowsConsoleReadline` won't be needed in future if
http://bugs.python.org/issue17620 gets resolved so the default hook on
Windows just reads from sys.stdin? This would also reduce code duplicity
and all the Read/WriteConsoleW stuff would be gathered together in one
special class.

Regards,
Adam Bartoš