On 11/29/2016 9:39 AM, Annapoornima Koppad wrote:

While teaching Python protected variables, I figured out the oddity
about Python.
I am using Python 2.7.12+ for my teaching.
There is not really a concept of protected variables in Python, is it?

Only the _ convention.

For a more detailed explanation of what I am trying to do, please read
this article,
http://radek.io/2011/07/21/private-protected-and-public-in-python/

It that is the case, Python is not suitable for companies that require
secure transactions such as  Banking softwares. What solution are
possible to overcome data masquerading attempts that might result
because of this?

Hello, Annapoornima

pydev list is for development of future Python and Cpython. Questions about using current Python should be directed to python-list or other forums such as Stackoverflow or specialized lists.

I know that Python is heavily used in the American finacial sector but not anything about specific security practices. I expect python-list to have readers that do know something. When you post, try to be a bit more specific about particular threat models.

--
Terry Jan Reedy