On 10Apr2017 1032, Ethan Furman wrote:
Apparently the Windows installer mentions asking for help on Python List.

Yay! People actually read some of that text in the installer :)

Currently the installer has the following message after you run a Repair (from Tools/msi/bundle/Default.wxl):

> Feel free to email <a href="mailto:python-l...@python.org";>python-l...@python.org</a> if you continue to encounter issues.

And this message after you uninstall:

> Feel free to email <a href="mailto:python-l...@python.org";>python-l...@python.org</a> if you encountered problems.

If accessing Python List directly via email it is necessary to subscribe
first -- perhaps that could be mentioned? Bonus Python Points for
mentioning the other methods that do not require subscribing.  :)

I wasn't aware of this - I'm sure I've emailed the list before without it being rejected, and I'm certainly not subscribed. Is it a recent change? Is it necessary?

I'd be happy to change these to point somewhere else, but the challenge here is the installers are permanent - whatever we put in this message can never change. Given this thread immediately entered uncertainty about what other methods are actually working, I don't want to link to any of them :)

Cheers,
Steve