On 4/27/2017 7:57 AM, Louie Lu wrote:

Lib/idlelib/idle_test/test_calltips.py has 1 and 1
bpo issues:     20185 22392 24665
None of these are idlelib issues.

Not that directly, but these bpo issue PR has changed the file.
See: bpo-20185: PR 542 bpo-24665: PR 89, and a issue fixed but close PR 898.

#20185: The PR number is *very* helpful. This issue has multiple patches and 5 PRs merged to default.

#22392: PR 89 has about 10 commits.  The original, easy-to-find patch,
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/89/commits/6ea78e33b599605b0c1c35fbbc2df493d6dfc80a
did not touch test_calltips.

It is touched by the latest, not so easy-to-find commit
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/89/commits/54de7aa6c6fffe9b2248153051a24b0e658bf665

I don't know how to get the complete merged diff that would be applied if the green button were pressed.

#22392 has PR 899 (merged) and PR 898 (closed). The latter was a blunder that incorporated about 100 already applied patches, mostly from 2016. Take a look.
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/898

Part of doing good statistics is removing bogus data from datasets. Even though you cannot remove 898 from github, you should ignore it in your analysis. All the hits it generates are false positives. This is probably the source of many other false hits for idlelib.

The detail now will show the relative PR (which bpo and which PR that
is merged, fixed, or open) inside.

e.g.
Lib/idlelib/idle_test/test_calltips.py
bpo issues: 20185 22392 24665
PR:             bpo-20185: PR 542 bpo-24665: PR 89

Note that 898 is so bogus that it cannot be handled properly.

For me, the immediate use case is to find patches to idlelib by others that I am not aware of, like the two real ones to test_calltips. I would like an entry box for the start date to put in date last checked. What would be really super would to be able to exclude issues (and associated patches) assigned to me.

When you get this polished, I hope you open an issue and PR to add it to one of the cpython and mention it in the devguide.

--
Terry Jan Reedy