Justus, welcome.

Consider joining the core-mentorship mailing list. If you have specific
questions on how to contribute or how to get started, we can help you
there. https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/core-mentorship

Thanks, Erik. Yes, CPython has moved to GitHub https://github.com/python/
cpython but we will continue using bugs.python.org as the issue tracker.
We prefer that discussions happen on the issue tracker, and GitHub is for
code reviewing only.

The Dev Guide has been updated with our new GitHub workflow, specifically:
http://cpython-devguide.readthedocs.io/pullrequest.html
http://cpython-devguide.readthedocs.io/gitbootcamp.html

Thanks :)

Mariatta Wijaya