On 5 May 2017 at 23:21, INADA Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:25 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:
>> If we want to adopt PEP 538 before pronouncing on PEP 540, then PEP 538
>> should remove all points conditional on PEP 540 adoption, and PEP 540
>> should later be changed to adopt those removed points as PEP
>> 540-specific changes.
>
> Fair enough.  I stop hurrying about PEP 538 and start reviewing PEP 540.

Don't forget that Victor's still working on the design of PEP 540, so
it isn't ready for pronouncement yet.

Antoine's request was for me to update PEP *538* to eliminate the
"this will need to change if PEP 540 is accepted" aspects, and I think
your suggestion to make the "C.UTF-8 -> surrogateescape on standard
streams by default" behaviour independent of the locale coercion will
achieve that.

Cheers,
Nick.