29.05.17 17:15, Serhiy Storchaka пише:
29.05.17 15:13, Antoine Pitrou пише:
I hope readers won't get bothered by what is mostly a link to blogpost
(well, two of them :-)), but I suspect there at least 2 or 3 people
who might be interested in the following analysis:
https://www.corsix.org/content/compilers-cpython-interpreter-main-loop
http://www.corsix.org/content/micro-optimisations-can-speed-up-cpython

Interesting articles, thank you. I wonder why the author doesn't propose his patches for CPython. Does he fear that CPython can become faster than Lua? ;-)

And the following article should be especially interesting for Victor:

https://www.corsix.org/content/why-are-slots-so-slow

The part of optimizations already are applied in 3.6 and 3.7, but `a + b` still is slower than `a.__add__(b)`.

See https://bugs.python.org/issue30509. All optimizations already are applied in 3.7 by Victor. In these microbenchmarks 3.7 is much faster than 2.7 and 3.5. But still there is some overhead due to excess intermediate levels.