On 07/06/2017 01:30, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Jun 05, 2017, at 08:41 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:

the example above), and the following code is enough readable:

         if (PyErr_WarnFormat(PyExc_DeprecationWarning, 1,
                              "invalid escape sequence '\\%c'",
                              *first_invalid_escape) < 0) {
             Py_DECREF(result);
             return NULL;
         }
My rationale for placing the opening brace on a separate line, indented to
under the `if` instead of hanging is that it's easier to miss the opening
brace in the example you posted above.  Visually I (we?) tend to have a harder
time recognizing characters sitting way out to the right.