> On 9 Jun 2017, at 20:54, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
>

> All that being said, if someone *does* want pip to use WinHTTP, requests
> provides a mechanism where you can plug in your own network handling code, so
> someone could write a requests-winhttp adapter that did that, and we could
> possibly even expose the ability to ask pip to use that. However that’s
> entirely in the domain of pip/requests feature requests and not really
> related to python-dev/this PEP itself.

As an FYI I played with this on Mac far enough to prove that it’d work:
https://github.com/Lukasa/requests-darwin
<https://github.com/Lukasa/requests-darwin>

It’s not anywhere near feature complete, but it basically works pretty ok. Of
course, ideally Requests would just get entirely out of the way at this point
because it duplicates a lot of NSURLSession’s logic, but it’s an approach that
can work.

Cory