05.09.17 11:38, INADA Naoki пише:
## Cons

* All Python 3.7 implementations should provide _collections.OrderedDict
   PyPy has it already.  But I don't know about micropython.

Current C implementation of OrderedDict is not safe regarding using mutating dict methods (or dict C API) like dict.__setitem__ or PyDict_SetItem. Using them can cause hangs or segfaults. See issue24726 and issue25410. I hope your implementation will solve these issues, but there may be others. While the C implementation still is not enough mature, we should allow users that encountered one of such issues to use pure Python implementation which is free from hangs and segfaults.