>> With this profile, I tried optimize `python -c 'import asyncio'`, logging
>> and http.client.
>>

>> https://gist.github.com/methane/1ab97181e74a33592314c7619bf34233#file-0-optimize-import-patch
>>
> This patch moves a few imports inside functions. I wonder whether that kind
> of change actually helps with real applications—doesn't any real application
> end up importing the socket module anyway at some point?

Ah, I'm sorry.  It doesn't importing asyncio, logging and http.client faster.

I saw pkg_resources.  While it's not stdlib, it is imported very often.
And it uses email.parser, but doesn't require socket or random.

Since socket module creates some enums, removing it reduces few milliseconds.

Regards,