On 09/07/2017 04:39 AM, Greg Ewing wrote:

1) Under "Generators" it says:

    once set in the generator, the context variable is guaranteed
    not to change between iterations;

This suggests that you're not allowed to set() a given
context variable more than once in a given generator,
but some of the examples seem to contradict that. So I'm
not sure what this is trying to say.

I believe I can answer this part: the guarantee is that

- the context variable will not be changed while the yield is in effect -- or,
  said another way, while the generator is suspended;

- the context variable will not be changed by subgenerators

- the context variable /may/ be changed by normal functions/class methods
  (since calling them would be part of the iteration)

--
~Ethan~