On 2017-09-07 00:20:17 +0000, Barry Warsaw said:

Thanks Fernando, this is exactly the kind of feedback from other debuggers that I’m looking for. It certainly sounds like a handy feature; I’ve found myself wanting something like that from pdb from time to time.

Glad it's useful, thanks for the pep!

The PEP has an open issue regarding breakpoint() taking *args and **kws, which would just be passed through the call stack. It sounds like you’d be in favor of that enhancement.

If you go witht the `(*a, **k)` pass-through API, would you have a special keyword-only arg called 'header' or similar? That seems like a decent compromise to support the feature with the builtin while allowing other implementations to offer more features. In any case, +1 to a pass-through API, as long as the built-in supports some kind of mechanism to help the user get their bearings with "you're here" type messages.

Cheers