Hi Eric,

I have on question not addressed yet.
The implementation is based on "__annotations__" where the type is specified.
But "__annotations__" is not always filled. An interpreter version with special
optimization
could remove all __annotations__ for performance reasons. (Discussed in other
threads)

In this case the dataclass does not work or will there be a fallback?

I know it is a little bit hypothetical because an interpreter with this
optimization is
not there yet. I am looking only in the future a bit.
Asking this because type annotations are stated as completely optional for
Python.
And this use case will break this assumption.

Personally I am a heavy user of attrs and happy to have a dataclass in the std
lib.

Regards

Wolfgang