On 10/12/2017 6:33 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com <mailto:st...@holdenweb.com>> wrote:

 The reason I liked "row" as a name is because it resembles "vector" and hence is loosely assocaited with the concept of a tuple
    as well as being familiar to database users. In fact the answer to a
    relational query was, I believe, originally formally defined as a
    set of tuples.

Is the intent that these things preserve order?

In the sense that the parameters to __init__(), the appearance in the repr, the order of the returned tuple in as_tuple(), and the order of comparisons will be the same as the order that the fields are defined, then yes.

Eric.