On Oct 26, 2017, at 06:15, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that Mailman 3 gives the choice of the UI for archives.

Technically, it does.

Mailman 3 has a pluggable architecture and supports multiple archives enabled
site-wide and opt-in by individual lists.  HyperKitty is the default archiver,
and the one we promote, but it doesn’t have to be the only archiver enabled.
In fact, we come with plugins for mail-archive.com and MHonarc.  It *might*
even be possible to enable a standalone Pipermail and route messages to that if
one were so inclined.  The choice of archivers is not mutually exclusive.

Practically speaking though, there just aren’t a ton of well maintained FLOSS
archivers to choose from.  HyperKitty *is* well maintained.  Frankly speaking,
Pipermail is not.

Cheers,
-Barry