On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 November 2017 at 01:48, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
> > I don't mind the long name. Of all the options so far I really only like
> > 'string_annotations' so let's go with that.
>
> +1 from me.

I'd like to reverse my stance on this. We had `from __future__ import
division` for many years in Python 2, and nobody argued that it implied
that Python 2 doesn't have division -- it just meant to import the future
*version* of division. So I think the original idea, `from __future__
import annotations` is fine. I don't expect there will be *other* things
related to annotations that we'll be importing from the future.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)