Am 14.11.2017 um 02:38 schrieb Guido van Rossum:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Sebastian Rittau <srit...@rittau.biz <mailto:srit...@rittau.biz>> wrote:

    I am really looking forward to the implementation of this PEP and
    I am glad that it is close to acceptance. One thing that is not
    really clear to me is how module-only packages are handled. Say I
    have a package "foo" that installs the file "foo.py" to
    site-packages, where would I install "foo.pyi" and py.typed to? Or
    is this case not supported and I have to convert the foo module
    into a package containing just __init__.py?

Good call. I think that conversion to a package is indeed the best approach -- it doesn't seem worth it to add more special-casing for this scenario.

Ethan, if you agree, you should just add a sentence about this to the PEP.

This seems like the best solution, especially since setuptools does not really support installing package data for pure modules.

 - Sebastian