25.11.17 07:33, Nick Coghlan пише:
* ``FutureWarning``: always reported by default. The intended audience is users
   of applications written in Python, rather than other Python developers
   (e.g. warning about use of a deprecated setting in a configuration file
   format).

Given its presence in the standard library since Python 2.3, ``FutureWarning``
would then also have a secondary use case for libraries and frameworks that
support multiple Python versions: as a more reliably visible alternative to
``DeprecationWarning`` in Python 2.7 and versions of Python 3.x prior to 3.7.

I think it is worth to say more explicitly that the primary purpose of FutureWarning (warn about future behavior changes that will not be errors) is kept. It is just added a secondary purpose: a replacement for DeprecationWarning if you want to be sure that it is visible to end users.

I think that showing DeprecationWarning in __main__.py is just a first step. In future we can extend the scope of showing DeprecationWarning.