Hi, folks.

TLDR, was the final decision made already?

If "dict keeps insertion order" is not language spec and we
continue to recommend people to use OrderedDict to keep
order, I want to optimize OrderedDict for creation/iteration
and memory usage.  (See https://bugs.python.org/issue31265#msg301942 )

If dict ordering is language spec, I'll stop the effort and
use remaining time to another optimizations.

My thought is, +1 to make it language spec.

* PHP (PHP 7.2 interpreter is faster than Python) keeps insertion order.
  So even we make it language spec, I think we have enough room
  to optimize.

* It can make stop discussion like "Does X keeps insertion order?
  It's language spec?", "What about Y? Z?".  Everything on top of dict
  keeps insertion order.  It's simple to learn and explain.

Regards,
INADA Naoki  <songofaca...@gmail.com>