<mailto:gu...@python.org>> wrote:

    > Make it so. "Dict keeps insertion order" is the ruling. Thanks!

    Thank you.  That is wonderful news :-)

    Would it be reasonable to replace some of the OrderedDict() uses in
    the standard library with dict()?  For example, have namedtuples's
    _asdict() go back to returning a plain dict as it did in its
    original incarnation. Also, it looks like argparse could save an
    import by using a regular dict.

If it's documented as OrderedDict that would be backwards incompatible, since that has additional methods. Even if not documented it's likely to break some code. So, I'm not sure about this (though I agree with the sentiment that OrderedDict is much less important now).

For dataclasses, I'll change from OrderedDict to dict, since there's no backward compatibility concern.

But I need to remember to not do that when I put the 3.6 version on PyPI.

Eric.