Hi,
I'm currently rebasing Python to version 3.5.2 for Fedora 25.

As many of the existing patches are no longer necessary I needed to delete or disable them. I looked through the git history of python and python3 packages, and there isn't a clear consensus on which method is preferred. While python3 package so far only has patches deleted, python package had many patches that were just disabled/commented out, but not deleted.

I decided deleting no longer useful patches is the better option, not only because it was a more prevalent method in the past, but also because it keeps the spec file clean for the years to come. No data is actually lost as it remains in git history.

Tomas